Hoping for a Merry Christmas?
Are you ready to pray for one?
Christmas is a glorious time of year! God brings us face to face once again with His design for and redemption of mankind. His intentions toward us are for life live abundantly. His plans for the kingdom are victorious!
But for many people, the holidays can be filled with unrealistic expectations. Old hurts are sometimes revisited and new ones inflicted. Hope can go deferred and result in heartsickness (Proverbs 13:12). In the midst of the tinsel and lights and shopping, let's remember what the season is really about! Let's pray for a spirit of all things Christmas for ourselves and our loved ones.
1. LOVE - Lord, help us follow the way of love - let the love of Christ compel us (1 Corinthians 14:1; 2 Corinthians 5:14).
2. JOY - Restore the joy of Your salvation to us; let us experience the joy of Your presence (Psalm 51:12; 16:11).
3. PEACE - Let Your peace rule and guard our hearts; give us more of You - You are our peace (Colossians 3:15; Philippians 4:7; Ephesians 2:14).
4. HOPE - Enlighten the eyes of our heart so that we may know the hope You called us to (Ephesians 1:18).
5. FAVOR - Let Your favor rest on us (Luke 2:52).
6. LIFE - Shine Your light of life on us; help us to walk in it (Job 33:30; Psalm 56:13).
7. SALVATION - Help us to fear You so we can unlock the treasure of Your salvation (Isaiah 33:6).
8. SELFLESSNESS - Keep us from self-seeking attitudes that reject truth (Romans 2:8).
9. GENEROSITY - Make us rich in ways that result in generosity on our part so You will be praised (2 Corinthians 9:11).
10. RECEIVING - Help us receive Your kingdom, Your Spirit, and Your grace (Daniel 7:18; John 20:22; Romans 5:17).
11. SEEKING - Encourage us to seek Your face with all our hearts (Deuteronomy 4:29; Psalm 27:8).
12. PRAISE - We ascribe glory to Your name, Lord; we come before You in worship for You are holy (1 Chronicles 16:28-29).
from the publishers of Pray! magazine. Subscribe online at www.praymag.com
WHAT ARE YOU GIVING THIS YEAR?
Have you done your Christmas shopping yet?
Here are some great gift ideas!
To a Friend ? Loyalty
To an Enemy ? Forgiveness
To your Boss ? Service
To your Child ? A good example
To your Father ? Honor
To your Mother ? Gratitude and Devotion
To your Spouse ? Love and Faithfulness
To Yourself ? Respect
To All Humanity? Charity
To God? Your Life.